General XMetaL Discussion

XMetaL Community Forum General XMetaL Discussion Importing a localized image into XMetaL

• Infochick

Importing a localized image into XMetaL

Participants 0
    Replies 1
    Last Activity 9 years, 2 months ago

XMetaL has stumped me.
    I am using XMetaL Author Enterprise 6.0 and need help with the steps necessary to import a localized/translated image into the image repository.
    When I change my language settings to something other than English, lets say, French, how would you import the French version of the English image?
    The naming format I use to import an English image is:
    Original name of graphic====high.BMP
    Would I need to enter FR-FR somewhere within that file name?

Thanks!

Rochelle

Derek Read

Reply to: Importing a localized image into XMetaL

You mention a repository. Presumably this means XMetaL Author Enterprise is integrated with a content management system (CMS) of some kind.

We would need to know which CMS you are working with to try to answer this question. If the CMS you are using is not one we provide the connector (integration) for then your question should be directed to the CMS vendor.

XMetaL has not file naming requirements so I suspect those are either coming from the CMS itself, or they are self-imposed or by your workflow, or by 3rd party tools (either integrated with XMetaL or perhaps further downstream). I don't think I can answer your question about that language code (FR-FR) without more information as well.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Your Password?

Products
Downloads
Support