General XMetaL Discussion

XMetaL Community Forum General XMetaL Discussion HTML tables not rendering in XMetal 16

Tagged: ,

• griffmonster

HTML tables not rendering in XMetal 16

Participants 1
    Replies 1
    Last Activity 1 week, 4 days ago

I have an issue in the rendering of HTML tables which has worked successfully in Xmetal versions 5, 7 and 10 but does not work in XMetal 16 which we are now having to support. We have a custom XSD which includes an html table module, this module has been extended to include additional table element attributes and an extended table cell model. The curious thing is when I insert a table through the menu system it will render as a table, yet if I reload the document the rendering disappears and only the parent table element tags are displayed. Similarly, for data that includes HTML tables and are opened in XMetal 16 all I see are the table element tags.
    I have found similar issues on this forum with XMetal 11 and 12 yet applying the suggested fixes does not work, ie treating this as a semantic table model by allowing for the table model in the css and adding a table configuration to the ctm file (note that the table elements are not supported in the out-of-the-box ctm dtd which makes this update doubly difficult and I have had to borrow the structure from the DITA ctm and adjust accordingly)
    Can anyone offer a fix or a workaround and is there a latest version of the ctm dtd or even an xsd so we can have confidence in adjusting this doctype

nhu1

Reply to: HTML tables not rendering in XMetal 16

Hi,

Please submit a support case.

Ning Hu

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Your Password?

Products
Downloads
Support