General XMetaL Discussion

XMetaL Community Forum General XMetaL Discussion HTML tables not rendering in XMetal 16

• griffmonster

HTML tables not rendering in XMetal 16

Participants 11
    Replies 11
    Last Activity 2 weeks, 5 days ago

I have an issue in the rendering of HTML tables which has worked successfully in Xmetal versions 5, 7 and 10 but does not work in XMetal 16 which we are now having to support. We have a custom XSD which includes an html table module, this module has been extended to include additional table element attributes and an extended table cell model. The curious thing is when I insert a table through the menu system it will render as a table, yet if I reload the document the rendering disappears and only the parent table element tags are displayed. Similarly, for data that includes HTML tables and are opened in XMetal 16 all I see are the table element tags.
    I have found similar issues on this forum with XMetal 11 and 12 yet applying the suggested fixes does not work, ie treating this as a semantic table model by allowing for the table model in the css and adding a table configuration to the ctm file (note that the table elements are not supported in the out-of-the-box ctm dtd which makes this update doubly difficult and I have had to borrow the structure from the DITA ctm and adjust accordingly)
    Can anyone offer a fix or a workaround and is there a latest version of the ctm dtd or even an xsd so we can have confidence in adjusting this doctype

nhu1

Reply to: HTML tables not rendering in XMetal 16

Hi,

Please submit a support case.

Ning Hu

Priya Chaudhary

Hello, XML is the base of the website.

griffmonster

XML is the base of the content and incorporates the HTML table model

I have now discovered what is causing this issue. It is the fact that we have two schema models for table cells, one for the header and body cells and one for the footer cells. XMetal does not like this and refuses to format the table. When I change the schema to a single table cell model then the rendering of the table works

This is an issue as we need to restrict what can appear in the footer cells. As a work around I have changed the schema to use a single table cell model. I then use XSLT to validate the elements within the footer cells when this data is checked back into the db, but this is far from perfect

nhu1

Please attach the xsd/css/ctm/sample xml file.

Ning

nexuslogistics

I am too facing the same issue

griffmonster

Ning, The form does not allow me to attach the xsd/css/ctm/sample xml files as requested

nhu1

Ok. Submit a support case please.

Ning

griffmonster

I have already taken out a support case some time ago but have not received any feedback from this

nhu1

Hi,

Do you have a support case#?

Thanks,

Ning

James Smith

This has been enhanced to incorporate extra table element properties and a more complex table cell model.
    magento 2 install security patches

dongtimadiya

https://radiofmluisteren.nl/ is de perfecte online radio website voor iedereen die graag luistert naar zijn favoriete muziek en praatprogramma’s uit Nederland. Je kunt kiezen uit een grote verscheidenheid aan stations, waaronder pop, rock, nieuws, sport, en meer. En je kunt ze allemaal gratis beluisteren! Of je nu thuis bent of onderweg, RadioFM Luisteren heeft je gedekt. Begin vandaag met luisteren!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Your Password?

Products
Downloads
Support