General XMetaL Discussion

XMetaL Community Forum General XMetaL Discussion How to show 2 element lines in the same line?

• can2000

How to show 2 element lines in the same line?

Participants 1
    Replies 2
    Last Activity 8 years, 4 months ago

Hi guys,

I am newbie to this Xmetal stuff, and might not describe the problem very clearly, but I am trying.
    I tried to use :first-child as below code (to display “Accomplished SB:” for the first sb), but it didn't work somehow.

[code]accomplished-sb:first-child:before {
     content: “Accomplished SB: “;
     list-style-type: none;
     color: #0033FF;
     font-weight: bold;
     font-size: 11pt;
     margin-left: 10pt;
    }[/code]

So, I used another way to work around. But I don't know how to display 2 elements data in the same line? please see the attachment for details.

Thank you!

can2000

Reply to: How to show 2 element lines in the same line?

http://dustwell.com/div-span-inline-block.html

It looks like “display: block” has a carriage return at the end. How to remove it? Thanks

Derek Read

Reply to: How to show 2 element lines in the same line?

As “display:inline” is the default setting for all elements not setting any value for that property should give you the results you want.
    Presumably the issue is that one of your elements has “display:block” or some other display value.

Note that as this is XML there is no concept of

or . The CSS used to render XML in XMetaL Author does not have any assumed rendering behaviour for any elements except HTML and CALS tables. Not that you actually have

and here, but in XMetaL Author both of those elements (and any other elements except HTML and CALS tables) will render using display:inline by default.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Your Password?

Products
Downloads
Support