General XMetaL Discussion

XMetaL Community Forum General XMetaL Discussion How to prevent changing absolute DTD-path to relative path when saving – activeX

• se_des

How to prevent changing absolute DTD-path to relative path when saving – activeX

Participants 0
    Replies 1
    Last Activity 12 years, 5 months ago

I'm using the ActiveX version of XMetal (4.6) and want to keep the absolute path for the DTD when saving the document¬† (e.g. ) – now it's changing to a releative path (). I've found a solution for XMetal Author, where you can set “fix_sysid_url_on_export=No” in the XMetal46.ini file. But – how to the same when using ActiveX ?

Derek Read

Reply to: How to prevent changing absolute DTD-path to relative path when saving – activeX

There is currently no way to set the value for arbitrary INI variables supported by XMetaL Author inside XMAX.

In some cases there are properties and APIs specifically redesigned for use with XMAX that allow you to enable equivalent features but in this case there isn't one. We think it would be nice to provide a feature that would pass INI variable values into XMAX (those that can be supported by the product) but that work is not scheduled.

In your current situation you may provide an alternative way to save the XML document by taking advantage of the ActiveDocument.Xml API, altering the path as needed (and if necessary) using string manipulation of some kind (will depend on the language) and writing that string to a file. This will be harder than using ActiveDocument.Save() of course, but it is currently the only possible option I can think of.

The following properties may prove useful in solving your problem:

• ActiveDocument.FullName
    • ActiveDocument.Path
    • ActiveDocument.Xml

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Your Password?

Products
Downloads
Support