DITA and XMetaL Discussion

XMetaL Community Forum DITA and XMetaL Discussion How the buid a lowcost and userfriendly publish enviroment ?SOS! :_)

• yuanyuan.qi

How the buid a lowcost and userfriendly publish enviroment ?SOS! :_)

Participants 1
    Replies 2
    Last Activity 10 years, 11 months ago

Hi guys,
    Need your help.
    Now, I can publish my simple pdf files including index with DITA OT.
    But every time, I need to modify the ant scrip and transform the ditamap into bookmap manually.
    Here are my question:
    1 Could you tell me what publish application are you using? With the DITA OT script window either? Is there any user-friendly interface or software we can use to process the publishing?
    Our company is an infant company and we do not get enough budget to by the nominated softwares. We plan to publish our documents with FrameMaker but  using the old way , that is  not DITA way.
    I think it is not as efficient as DITA. My former company develop the xml publish server itself. So now I’ve only gotten Arbortext and DITA OT. Can you suggest some handy solution for us? Or give some useful information?
    2  For now, we’ve gotten some AI files or say pictures of the book visual style. If I would like to developing with DITA in the future, or customerize  my document, how many file I need to customerize? DTD,CSS,XSLT.
    Is there any other files? And how I can  generate or design them easily?
    2 Is there any norm to organize all the DITA source files including dimaps, XMLs, all the folders and naming  all the files and folders neatly as you guys? etc.

Look forward you reply.

Cheers, Yuanyuan
    [email protected]

gjn2066

Reply to: How the buid a lowcost and userfriendly publish enviroment ?SOS! :_)

It's possible that the TopLeaf option might work for you. It works equally well with DITA maps or bookmaps, and has a simplified interface for creating and maintaining stylesheets.

Send me a note if you want further information.

Geoff

txvia

Reply to: How the buid a lowcost and userfriendly publish enviroment ?SOS! :_)

Hi, do you know whether there is a trial version of Topleaf, and where can I download it? I'd like to try it out with my licensed version of XMetaL Author 6.0. Thanks.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Your Password?

Products
Downloads
Support