DITA and XMetaL Discussion

XMetaL Community Forum DITA and XMetaL Discussion How do I get common terms in JavaHelp output to appear in the language?

• Candys

How do I get common terms in JavaHelp output to appear in the language?

Participants 0
    Replies 1
    Last Activity 12 years, 7 months ago

When I output to pdf, there are “vars” files that are accessed to place common terms for the language, such as “note” “tip” etc. However, when I output to JavaHelp or HTML in a language, these common terms still appear in English (including link terms such as “Previous Topic” “Parent Topic.” Right now I am fixing them after they are published, but it would be ideal to have them output with the correct language term. Am I just missing some files in the right spots in DITA-OT? Or is this a transform fix? This seems like kind-of an important issue, but not finding any mention of it.

Derek Read

Reply to: How do I get common terms in JavaHelp output to appear in the language?

The DITA OT does support an abstraction for loading language-specific versions of these types of “injected” phrases in a similar way to PDF. The files that contain the strings used for all the standard HTML-based outputs supported by the DITA OT are located in this folder:
    xslcommon

If the root element of a particular topic (ie: , , , etc) has this attribute set then the “Parent topic” text you refer to in your message will be inserted using the value from the corresponding file from the xslcommon folder.

The particular file that is used for each xml:lang value is controlled by the settings in the file xslcommonstrings.xml, so to add new languages, or to map different xml:lang values to existing files you should modify that file.

If you are working with XMetaL Author Enterprise 5.5 or 6.0 and wish to make any changes to the DITA OT itself please see the following topic to be sure you are modifying the right copy of the DITA OT: http://forums.xmetal.com/index.php/topic,237.0.html

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Your Password?

Products
Downloads
Support