XMetaL Community Forum General XMetaL Discussion HMXX documents in XMetal

• shilpa

HMXX documents in XMetal

Participants 1
    Replies 2
    Last Activity 13 years, 2 months ago

Hi…

I am new to XMETAL.
    The problem faced by me could be a property setting problem.

The issue is while i open an xml file in XMETAL.
    New files HMXX.xml where XX is some random number is created in the folder.
    This does not get deleted when i save the file.

Kinldy help.

Su-Laine Yeo

Reply to: HMXX documents in XMetal

Normally, temporary files are automatically deleted when you exit XMetaL. However, if a system crash prevents XMetaL from exiting normally, the files might not automatically be deleted. Feel free to delete these files.

Derek Read

Reply to: HMXX documents in XMetal

The most likely cause for this is a call to the API method ActiveDocument.CreatePreviewFile(); in a customization you are working with. This API attempts to save a copy of the current document to the same folder and if successful the file is named as you have noted (HMxx.xml) with the full path being returned by the API for use later on in your script (if needed).

If CreatePreviewFile() is being called by your customization keep in mind that XMetaL Author does not make any attempt to remove these temporary files. This job is left up to the person that created the script to handle (using the Windows File System Object or other method for manipulating files on disk). If you  need to see an example of how to clean up these files (so you can do the same thing in your customization) you can have a look at the multipleOutput.mcr file which is included in the AuthorStartup folder,which uses FSO to clean up these temp files (as recommended in the Programmer's Guide under the topic “CreatePreviewFile”).

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Your Password?

Products
Downloads
Support