General XMetaL Discussion

XMetaL Community Forum General XMetaL Discussion Global View in XMetal Author 5.5

• pszwec

Global View in XMetal Author 5.5

Participants 0
    Replies 1
    Last Activity 10 years, 7 months ago

I have a user that cannot see global view. She could for a while but now get this message

The XML page cannot be displayed
    Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

MY fix for 4.6 doesn't work anymore. Seems temp.xml moved to her profile specific path. I open that file and it looks fine. Any suggestions? We reinstalled XMetal but no luck. It must be permissions somewhere.

Thanks,

Peter

Derek Read

Reply to: Global View in XMetal Author 5.5

This sounds like error messages possibly originating from some custom code.

In your XMetaL customization, when a user switches to Page Preview (aka: Browser Preview, or what you are calling “global” if I am guessing correctly) do you have custom scripts running that do the transformation, load an XSLT, etc? It really sounds like it. If so you (or more likely the person that wrote the code) would need to debug that.

Note that this view is essentially a window inside XMetaL with an embedded copy of Internet Explorer running in it, so if you need to search the web for information you may try including “ie” or “internet explorer” in your search terms.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Your Password?

Products
Downloads
Support