DITA and XMetaL Discussion

• Steve Young

Generating CHM Files

Participants 1
    Replies 2
    Last Activity 12 years, 9 months ago

Sorry for the basic question but I'm just beginning with Xmetal.
    I am running Author Enterprise  Version 5.5 SP1 on a Vista 32 bit machine.
    When I try to generate a CHM output from a map it tells me that HTML Help cannot be found. Is it just a case of downloading and installing this from MS. Will it work OK with Vista?

Thanks for your help
    Regards
    Steve

Su-Laine Yeo

Reply to: Generating CHM Files

You just need to download and install Microsoft HTML Help Workshop. It will work with Vista.

Derek Read

Reply to: Generating CHM Files

I don't think we can claim that any 3rd party software will work in a given version of Windows (including Microsoft supplied softare). However, we have tested HTML Help Workshop in house in conjunction with XMetaL Author Enterprise and have not seen any issues with it running on Vista. We also have many many clients running it with no reports of any issues related directly to it running on Vista.

HTML Help Workshop is such an important tool for developers that I assume the Microsoft Windows development team made sure it works on Vista, despite their current claims for OS compatibility that do not include Vista as being supported (as of today):

[quote=http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=00535334-c8a6-452f-9aa0-d597d16580cc]Supported Operating Systems: Windows 2000; Windows 95; Windows 98; Windows ME; Windows NT; Windows XP

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Your Password?

Products
Downloads
Support