General XMetaL Discussion

• tharpa

Finding macro

Participants 2
    Replies 3
    Last Activity 6 years, 3 months ago

I am maintaining a legacy application.  We have an icon on the XMetaL toolbar that's activated with Ctrl+Alt+S.  I have found the .tbr file, and the button definition is:  

[code]
    [/code]

How do I find the macro code?

XMetaL 7.

Derek Read

Reply to: Finding macro

The macro will be inside an MCR file located in one of three possible locations:

• The same folder as the DTD or XSD file associated with this particular document type — it will have the same filename as the DTD or XSD and a “.mcr” extension.
    • Macros — it will have the same filename as the DTD or XSD and a “.mcr” extension.
    • Startup — the filename could be anything, the extension will be “.mcr”

Either open each MCR file from each location and search within them or use a tool with cross-file searching (Visual Studio, Notepad++, or many others) to search for one of the following in all MCR files in those locations:

“Ctrl+Alt+S”
    “SourceDocumentNavigate”

Derek Read

As you seem to be new to working with XMetaL customizations I highly recommend reading the following:

XMetaL Customization Guide
    XMetaL Programmers Guide
    This slide deck from a presentation I gave on how software locates customization files: http://www.slideshare.net/XMetaL/deploying-schemas-and-xmetal-customization-files

tharpa

Thank you, Derek.  I have checked in all three of those locations and I could not find it, but we may have some wrinkles in there somewhere.

I will also try to look at the recommended materials.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Your Password?

Products
Downloads
Support