DITA and XMetaL Discussion
andyleslie March 15, 2013 at 1:01 am
Failing to generate PDF outputMarch 15, 2013 at 1:01 amParticipants 0Replies 1Last Activity 9 years, 6 months ago
I am getting the following error when attempting to generate pdf output even though the DITA map is valid :
C:UsersSILTDAppDataRoamingSoftQuadXMETAL~1DITA_OTpluginsorg.dita.basebuild_preprocess.xml:39: Failed to run pipeline: [DOTJ034F][FATAL] Failed to parse the input file 'C:UsersSILTDAppDataRoamingSoftQuadXMETAL~1DITA_OTprecaution-IxA.ditamap' (the content of the file is not valid). If the input file 'C:UsersSILTDAppDataRoamingSoftQuadXMETAL~1DITA_OTprecaution-IxA.ditamap' does not have a DOCTYPE declaration, please make sure that all class attributes are present in the file.
The dialog says If a file with the same name is open in another application, close the file and then generate the output again.
I try this but get the same error.
ThanksDerek Read March 15, 2013 at 1:15 am
Reply to: Failing to generate PDF outputMarch 15, 2013 at 1:15 am
First thing to check would be to see if it is your files that are triggering the issue. To do that open one of the two DITA samples from Help > Samples and try generating output from there.
If that works then you can assume something in your files is causing the issue. If the log file doesn't contain enough information to locate the issue one approach to figuring out what is wrong is to repeatedly cut your map in 1/2 and generate output until you find the problem (might be in the map or a topic).
If you still can't find the problem you can submit the following to XMetaL Support and have them try to reproduce the issue:
1. Your map and topics it references. If you can simplify that by removing some files that would be best.
2. Your XMetaL Author Enterprise version.
3. Windows version.
4. The “deliverable type” you select when generating output (there are 5 different deliverable types included that can output a PDF).
5. If the DITA OT has been customized they will need exact details describing how.
6. If you are working with a specialized DITA DTD then they will need that as well.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.