DITA and XMetaL Discussion

XMetaL Community Forum DITA and XMetaL Discussion Extra Space in Conditional Conref

• bzebian

Extra Space in Conditional Conref

Participants 2
    Replies 3
    Last Activity 12 years, 11 months ago

I've created a conref with two conditional product values. One is for product=”foundation”, the other is for “product=”platform”. The correct conref value outputs when I publish and select the appropriate condition text in the XMetaL pubs dialog, but there is always an extra space after the conref in the PDF3 output. This is with XMetaL 5.1.1.017.

Here is the conref code.  I dont see anythign that may cause the extra space. Any idea what is causing this & I can remedy? Thanks.

Product namePayment Transaction ManagementPlatform

Derek Read

Reply to: Extra Space in Conditional Conref

I've tried producing output in various formats and don't see any extra space. I've tested with 5.1.1.017 using “XMetaL Enhanced PDF via RenderX” and “Multiple HTML” and get the same results as far as I can tell.

When I don't specify any conditional text settings during output the content of both elements is run together with no spaces between them, or before or after them, as expected (as that is how they appear in your ditacomponent file. However, that's not what you want.

When I specify either to include product="foundation" or product="platform" content only, I get the content for one of the elements and no extra spaces are entered before, in the middle or after the text.

I created the file containing the elements using cut and paste from this forum directly into a blank file. That may be contributing to the issue and I may not be testing with content on disk that is the same as what you have as the forum may have removed some white-spaces or something. Perhaps you can include more of your files here or submit a support case that includes them along with the PDF file you are getting.

bzebian

I'm not seeing it in multiple HTML output, but I see it in all PDF types (default FO, Book with Renderx, Enhanced RenderX, and our own customized Enhanced RenderX).  I'll open a case so you can look at the files. Thanks.

bzebian

Just to close this out, I found a fix for this in the Yahoo DITA Users group. Changed to  in C:Program FilesCommon FilesXMetaL SharedDITA_OTdemoxmfoxslcommontopicmerge.xsl.  It removed the extra space in PDF issue. I'm still testing to see any other impacts, but have found none so far.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Your Password?

Products
Downloads
Support