General XMetaL Discussion

XMetaL Community Forum General XMetaL Discussion Errors inserting an image from SharePoint repository

• larrygolding

Errors inserting an image from SharePoint repository

Participants 0
    Replies 1
    Last Activity 10 years, 7 months ago

Using XMetaL Author Enterprise 6.0.2.070 Service Pack 1, with SP Edition, Version 2.0.0.061

Our content is stored on a SharePoint site, which happens to be a Publishing Site (I think this will be relevant).

I create a document using menu item Repository, New from Repository Template. Then I insert an image using menu item Insert, Image. The Select Image File dialog appears, and the root of the tree view in the left-hand pane of the dialog correctly shows that it is pointing to our SharePoint site. Now I select an image from the Images subdirectory. See the attached screen shot “Select Image File.png”. Note how the dialog says that the “Path” is PublishingImages, rather than Images. I think this might be related to the fact that our repository is a Publishing Site.

Now when I click Open, I get an error message box. See the attached screen shot “First Error.png”. Note how it tries and fails to enumerate the items under quality/source/PublishingImages, rather than quality/source/Images.

When I close this error message box, another error message box appears. See the attached screen shot “Second Error.png”. When I press OK, this message appears several more times. But eventually, the requested image actually does appear in the document.

Thanks for any help in resolving this problem.

Derek Read

Reply to: Errors inserting an image from SharePoint repository

I don't have an answer for this.

I think the best thing to do is try to configure one of our test servers here to be the same so that our dev people can debug this here. Do you know enough about how the site is configured, folders are mapped, or special setting is needed to describe it to us so we can do that?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Your Password?

Products
Downloads
Support