DITA and XMetaL Discussion

XMetaL Community Forum DITA and XMetaL Discussion error message when using a DITA_OT plugin

• nlpharrison

error message when using a DITA_OT plugin

Participants 2
    Replies 3
    Last Activity 10 years, 5 months ago

Hi,

[still using XMetaL 6.0]

I've created a plugin to get some custom HTML-based output. I installed it, and ran 'ant -f integrator.xml' which ran successfully and automatically updated the main build file to include my custom targets; I'd created a new transtype called 'micronxhtml'.   I configured the output to look for that transtype.

Then I ran my ditamap against that output configuration, and it failed.  The error confuses me: it says:

Buildfile: C:DOCUME~1NancyAPPLIC~1SoftQuadXMETAL~1DITA_OTbuild.xml

Processing ended.

BUILD FAILED
    C:DOCUME~1NancyAPPLIC~1SoftQuadXMETAL~1DITA_OTbuild.xml:232: Cannot find file:C:DOCUME~1NancyAPPLIC~1SoftQuadXMETAL~1DITA_OTpluginsmicron_xhtml_webbuild_transtype-micronxhtml.xml imported from C:DOCUME~1NancyAPPLIC~1SoftQuadXMETAL~1DITA_OTbuild.xml

But I checked, and the file it says it can't find is definitely there, in the right directory, and not empty.  So I can't figure out why it can't find it.  

Any clues on this?  I can send the plugin and updated build files, if that will help.

Thanks,
    Nancy

nlpharrison

Reply to: error message when using a DITA_OT plugin

Hi,

This is on XMetal 6.0, which I can't move from until my clients do.

This problem never went away; no one ever responded to it, and I just worked around it.  But now I'm trying to fix something else, and it's coming up again, so I really need to understand and fix it.

Regards,
    Nancy

severin.foreman

Hi Nancy,

Based on your description of the problem, no obvious solution comes to mind. Have you tried running the integrator from your local copy of the OT or deleting the DITA_OT folder in %APPDATA% and letting XMetaL rebuild it?

Best,
    Severin

nlpharrison

Hi Severin,

Yes, I've tried both of those things; no dice.  The ditamap and topics open up in XMetal, so it's finding them, and validating them against the correct DTDs, but it's just not finding a file that's definitely in the location where it's looking.  Can you suggest any debugging stuf I might put into build.xml to figure it out?

Nancy

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Your Password?

Products
Downloads
Support