DITA and XMetaL Discussion

XMetaL Community Forum DITA and XMetaL Discussion Duplicate Xref Links in PDF Output, XMetal Author Enterprise v.9

• colleenreilly

Duplicate Xref Links in PDF Output, XMetal Author Enterprise v.9

Participants 0
    Replies 1
    Last Activity 7 years, 9 months ago

Using XMetal Author Enterprise version 9, when I generate PDF output (RenderX), all the xref links show twice. Like this: SERVICE_VERSIONSERVICE_VERSION.

We're in the process of converting our FrameMaker files to DITA using MIF2GO. MIF2GO created all the xrefs in the format topicname.dita#topicID. From what I've read on the internet, the #topicID is creating the duplicate text/link. I have over 3500 topics with this “extra” topicID.

Since the HTML output does not contain the duplicate xref (it displays as expected), I was hoping that there is a relatively minor way to adjust the PDF XSLT to reflect the HTML output. Is there a known workaround or fix?

Thanks,
    Colleen

Derek Read

Reply to: Duplicate Xref Links in PDF Output, XMetal Author Enterprise v.9

I haven't seen this issue, or at least don't remember seeing it.
    I think it would be best to submit a case to XMetaL Support along with a sample that reproduces the issue and a description of you steps for producing output (any settings you have changed from defaults as well as the name of the deliverable type you are using to generate output).

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Your Password?

Products
Downloads
Support