DITA and XMetaL Discussion

XMetaL Community Forum DITA and XMetaL Discussion DITA tables and colsep attribute in XMetal enhanced PDF

• mgutbier

DITA tables and colsep attribute in XMetal enhanced PDF

Participants 1
    Replies 2
    Last Activity 12 years, 11 months ago

I am using Xmetal Author Enterprise 5.5 (SP1). What ever I try, I can not hide column seperators in XMetal enhanced PDF. The attached example hides the column seperators in single html output, but not in XMetal enhanced PDF.

mgutbier

Reply to: DITA tables and colsep attribute in XMetal enhanced PDF

The rowsep attribute seems to be ignored as well. There are not really responses on this issue. Is nobody using these attributes? Something I do wrong?

Derek Read

Reply to: DITA tables and colsep attribute in XMetal enhanced PDF

When you are using the “XMetaL Enhanced PDF via RenderX” you have two options, configurable by modifying 'parameters' in the XSLT files that generate the XSL-FO. The options are to have borders on or off (you can also modify the border colour). Support for individually controlling borders for rows, columns, etc, as part of the CALS attributes in the XML was not included as part of the design.

If this is a requirement you have a few options:
    1) Use “Book via RenderX” (DITA OT 'PDF2' transtype) which provides some control of table borders at the document level.
    2) Customize the “XMetaL Enhanced PDF via RenderX” deliverable by modifying the XSLT to support what you need it to do (which would probably mean integrating the code used by PDF2 for controlling the table borders).

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Your Password?

Products
Downloads
Support