DITA and XMetaL Discussion
XMetaL Community Forum › DITA and XMetaL Discussion › DITA Open Toolkit "Deployment" in XMetaL Author Enterprise 5.5 thru 8.0
Derek Read March 17, 2009 at 7:26 pm
DITA Open Toolkit "Deployment" in XMetaL Author Enterprise 5.5 thru 8.0March 17, 2009 at 7:26 pmParticipants 1Replies 2Last Activity 14 years ago
If you make changes to the XSLT/XSL-FO/configs in the DITA Open Toolkit installed with the 5.5 and later releases of XMetaL Author Enterprise they may not take effect when you generate output.
In order to support Windows Vista, Windows 7 and limited users on XP, the DITA OT that we install is actually copied to a per-user location before generating output for the first time.
Strategies for dealing with this are covered within another thread:
http://forums.xmetal.com/index.php?topic=224.msg687#msg687Derek Read April 19, 2012 at 6:51 pm
Reply to: DITA Open Toolkit "Deployment" in XMetaL Author Enterprise 5.5 thru 8.0April 19, 2012 at 6:51 pm
Suggested Steps for DITA OT Developers:
To modify and test the DITA OT that we install basic steps are as follows:
1) Make changes to installed copy in C:Program FilesCommon FilesXMetaL SharedDITA_OT
2) Redeploy the DITA OT to the user's per-user folder (%appdata%) *
3) Generate output using the XMetaL Author UI (this runs the deployed copy).
* This set of slides might give more insight: http://www.slideshare.net/XMetaL/dita-open-toolkit-deployment-with-xmetal-author-enterprise-6
* Basic steps for redeploying the DITA OT are to do one of these things:
A) Delete the folder %appdata%SoftQuadXMetaL SharedDITA_OT
Note that most end users cannot see their %appdata% folder (it is hidden by default). So, most people should use the following procedure (B) instead.
B) Use the XMetaL UI to force redeployment (essentially this does the same as A above):
1. Launch XMetaL Author Enterprise.
2. Select Tools > Configure Output to open the Configure Output Options dialog.
3. On the Advanced tab find this parameter and increase the value (in this example from 1 to 2):
cmd_dita_ot_per_user_version = 1
4. Click OK to dismiss the Configure Output Options dialog.
5. Either generate output or select Tools > Configure Output again.
6. When asked if you would like to upgrade the DITA-OT version select OK.
The DITA OT will be re-deployed from the installed version
(%Program Files%Common FilesXMetaL Shared) overwriting any existing
copy in %appdata%SoftQuadXMetaL SharedDerek Read May 28, 2014 at 7:20 pm
Reply to: DITA Open Toolkit "Deployment" in XMetaL Author Enterprise 5.5 thru 8.0May 28, 2014 at 7:20 pm
Starting with XMetaL Author Enterprise 9 the DITA OT is both installed and run from the following location by default: %programdata%SoftQuadXMetaLSharedDITA_OT
On most installations of Windows 7 and 8 that will typically be here: C:ProgramDataSoftQuadXMetaLSharedDITA_OT
Note that though you should have full read/write access to the %programdata% folder it is a hidden folder in most Windows installations.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.