DITA and XMetaL Discussion
IF March 10, 2011 at 6:03 pm
Directory structure for DITA source filesMarch 10, 2011 at 6:03 pmParticipants 1Replies 0Last Activity 11 years, 11 months ago
This topic must have been covered in this forum before but my search did not return anything obvious.
What is the best way to organize the DITA source files when creating multiple PDF guides from a set of XML files? Does this work well:
– Create a “Product” directory.
– Put all ditamap files directly in the “Product” directory.
– Put all topic XML files in Product/Topics directory.
– Put all images in Product/Images directory
What about creating subdirectories for each topic type (concept, task, reference)?
What about creating subdirectories for each document type? E.g., some topics appear in more than one guide, some topics only appear in the admin guide, some topics appear only in the user guide, etc.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.