DITA and XMetaL Discussion

XMetaL Community Forum DITA and XMetaL Discussion Deleting rows from simpletable/choicetable

• schwamkrug

Deleting rows from simpletable/choicetable

Participants 4
    Replies 5
    Last Activity 10 years, 1 month ago

Using XMetaL Author 6.0…

Is there a way to delete rows from simpletable (and specializations of simpletable) without switching to plain text view? No matter where I place my cursor, the Table>>Delete row menu item is disabled.

What about in XMetaL 7?

Derek Read

Reply to: Deleting rows from simpletable/choicetable

You don't need to switch to Plain Text view to do this. You can select all the cells in a row (plus a little bit more if you wish to remove the entire strow element) and delete them in Tags On or Normal view.

schwamkrug

Ahh, I see. I got so used to doing it through the Table menu that I didn't think to try the old-fashioned way.

Thanks!

Derek Read

One day we might fix this. It really should be consistent across all table types.

nancyt

It would also be nice if empty rows in simpletables were visible. I need to go into Plain Text View to check for these currently and they are often missed by the authors.

Derek Read

The option “Repair Table Structure” might help here. Unfortunately, I see that in 6.0, although it fixes the table (by removing empty strow elements) it throws a scripting error (which can be ignored but needs to be dismissed).

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Your Password?

Products
Downloads
Support