General XMetaL Discussion

XMetaL Community Forum General XMetaL Discussion Customizing toolbars and related problems

• Dinglewood

Customizing toolbars and related problems

Participants 2
    Replies 3
    Last Activity 6 years, 12 months ago

Hello,

I'm using XMetal Author 9.0 and in order to use the macros I created, I personalized the interface which created a “project_name.tbr” file which correctly contains my new buttons.

1)
    When customizing “Button text”, this text is replaced by macro name when “project_name.tbr” is written in my C:Usersmy_user_nameAppDataRoamingSoftQuadXMetaL9.0 folder.
    Even if I do directly changes in this file, the content will be overwritten again.

2)
    I placed this file in same folder as my schema (XSD) file so other user would have this personalized interfacew hile working with the shema.
    Does not function, user don't have access to new interface.
    I placed this file in user “C:Usersnew_user_nameAppDataRoamingSoftQuadXMetaL9.0” folder, does not function too.

3)
    I tried the “On_Default_CommandBars_Complete” solution, but while debugging the project, at no moment is the macro read.

Any suggestion ?

Derek Read

Reply to: Customizing toolbars and related problems

1) Does this issue occur with the current release?
    These files are user files (which is why they are in %appdata%) and are written out every time XMetaL Author shuts down to reflect any changes the user might have made to the toolbars, so the fact that they are written out is expected. If you make changes to TBR files using an external editor while XMetaL Author is running those changes will always be overwritten for default.tbr and they will be overwritten for any TBR files associated with a particular schema if an XML file that uses that schema was open during that session.

2) If this is the application-level toolbar file (which is named default.tbr) then it will be saved and loaded from the folder you have specified. If it is document-level then it will be saved and loaded from %appdata%SoftquadXMetaL9.0gen.tbr

If you provide a TBR file with your schema then it is loaded from there the first time, but from then on it is saved to and loaded from the %appdata% folder listed above. These changes are meant to be done by end users customizing toolbars for their own environment. If you are planning to distribute toolbar changes to end users you really need to use the APIs provided for that (the CommandBars object) and create either a document-level customization for toolbars associated with specific docments, or an application-level customization for toolbars that will be available to all documents and when no documents are open.

3) Make sure you are creating an application-level macro if you want to use this event. Your MCR file needs to be in the Startup folder for it to be loaded as an application-level.

Dinglewood

Thanks for your annswers :

About point 1).

Open Xmetal Author 9.0, customize toolbars, add a button related to a macro, change button appearance, check “image and text”, change “button text” content, OK. –> Button has correct text.
    Move the button on the toolbar, the “button text” will be replaced by macro name.
    Same If I don't touch anything and just go out and in again with XMetal.

Once saved and manually edited in “%appdata%SoftquadXMetaL9.0gen“, the schema.tbr file is then ok.

Derek Read

#1 looks like a bug. I'll pass it along to QA.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Your Password?

Products
Downloads
Support