DITA and XMetaL Discussion

XMetaL Community Forum DITA and XMetaL Discussion Customizing folder and file names in Eclipse help output

• MarcB

Customizing folder and file names in Eclipse help output

Participants 0
    Replies 1
    Last Activity 10 years, 7 months ago

XMetaL Author Enterprise 6.0.1 on Windows XP Professional SP3

Generating Eclipse help from a DITA map works fine if I leave the default location of the output in the generation dialog untouched: …/eclipse_help_output/.xml.
    If I copy the output folder to my local Eclipse, the help shows up fine. As soon as I edit file names, however (e.g. …/my.eclipse.help/toc.xml), the help no longer shows in the Eclipse Help TOC, even if I edit the plugin.xml to reflect toc.xml.
    I need to produce help according to my company's naming conventions for Eclipse plugins.
    I would have expected the interface to OTK to transport the values as customized in the generate dialog. How do I do this?

Thanks,
    Marc Beckers
    Software AG

MarcB

Reply to: Customizing folder and file names in Eclipse help output

Answering my own question here: edit the plugin.xml and provide a matching manifest file (META-INF/MANIFEST.mf) and it works fine.
    It would be nice if the XMetaL interface to OTK would provide these with proper values based on the information given in the Generate dialog.

Cheers — Marc

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Your Password?

Products
Downloads
Support