DITA and XMetaL Discussion

XMetaL Community Forum DITA and XMetaL Discussion CSS for specialized DITA topic

• Katriel Reichman

CSS for specialized DITA topic

Participants 0
    Replies 1
    Last Activity 8 years, 11 months ago

I am getting specialized topics to work in XMetaL, however when I open a topic that references a specialized topic, the CSS (and other files) are generated automatically

As a result, the topic is very awkward to edit in TagsOn view or in Normal view. (Screen grab attached)

Since the specialized DTDs are 99% similar to the standardized DTDs, is there a way to use the standard CSS and related files to enable viewing?

I had thought that there might be a way to copy files from a standard topic (such as the reference topic – stored in C:Program Files (x86)XMetaL 7.0AuthorDITAXACs1.2reference) but I'm not sure how to do this.

Much thanks in advance!
    Katriel

Derek Read

Reply to: CSS for specialized DITA topic

If you configure XMetaL Author Enterprise to recognize your specialized DTDs as DITA then you do not need to configure CSS or any of the other DITA functionality for authoring. The software set that all of that functionality up essentially with a single click (though you need to provide some information).

Open the Help and navigate to this topic: Working with DITA > DITA Specializations

Subtopics include “Configure XMetaL”, but you should read everything since you also need to make a modification to the DITA Open Toolkit's catalog file so it can also locate your specialized DTDs.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Your Password?

Products
Downloads
Support