General XMetaL Discussion

XMetaL Community Forum General XMetaL Discussion Converting Macro file from XMetaL Author 5.1 to 5.5

• smiller

Converting Macro file from XMetaL Author 5.1 to 5.5

Participants 1
    Replies 2
    Last Activity 13 years, 9 months ago

I have a macro file (xmetal.mcr) that worked in XMetaL Author 5.1.  I copied the file to the Macro directory of XMetaL 5.5.  None of the macros show up in the macro list (Tools->Macros …)

I can find no documentation about changes to the macro xml format for 5.5; does anyone know why this wouldn't at least show up in the Macro List?

-Thanks

Su-Laine Yeo

Reply to: Converting Macro file from XMetaL Author 5.1 to 5.5

The developers who would be able to answer definitively are on vacation this week, however I haven't heard of any changes to our macro language. Sorry to to ask this, but did you restart XMetaL after moving your xmetal.mcr file into the Macros directory?

If you can zip up your xmetal.mcr file and attach it to a reply to this thread, that might help us troubleshoot.

Cheers,
    Su-Laine

smiller

Reply to: Converting Macro file from XMetaL Author 5.1 to 5.5

This turned out to be either a Windows Vista permissions issue or a bad install.  I was working in a development environment with multiple users.  I was not the user that installed XMetaL Author 5.5.  So I had the user that installed XMetaL uninstall it.  Then I re-installed it.  After that everything worked as it should; not only for me, but for all users.

Thank you for your advice, Su-Laine. 

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Your Password?

Products
Downloads
Support