General XMetaL Discussion

XMetaL Community Forum General XMetaL Discussion Content Customization – some doubts

• fernandoh01

Content Customization – some doubts

Participants 0
    Replies 1
    Last Activity 9 years, 3 months ago

Dear friends,

I have to follow questions:
    1) The XLS usage to FO customization covers outputs all outputs? In my case I need to work with CHM, PDF, Eclipse Help and WebHelp.
    2) According to XMetal help I can customize editing the file 'AppDataRoamingSoftQuadXMetaL SharedDITA_OTdemofoCustomizationfoxslcustom.xsl'. for some proof of concept I tried to change the

style, like:

xmlns:fo=”http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format”
        version=”1.1″>

black
    red

I outputed my project and the custom style has no effect on final output. Are I performing some wrong step?

I'm using XMetaL(R) Author Enterprise 7.0 – 7.0.0.111
    Best Regards,

Fernando.

Derek Read

Reply to: Content Customization – some doubts

The files you are modifying affect the “Book via RenderX” deliverable type, which generates PDF only.

The files that affect “XMetaL Enhanced PDF via RenderX” (taking a guess here), are located in demoxmfo

Most of the HTML-based outputs share the XSLT files that create the XHTML content for each topic and then each has a special set of files that take that and wrap it, or create additional files for each specific type. There is a corresponding folder for most of those outputs in demo that has a name that is self-describing.

Note that the folders have changed a little bit for the XMetaL Author Enterprise 8.0 release as we've incorporated a newer version of the DITA OT (1.7) that reorganized things a little bit.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Your Password?

Products
Downloads
Support