General XMetaL Discussion

XMetaL Community Forum General XMetaL Discussion Connect to ClearCase repositiry…how?

• factormax

Connect to ClearCase repositiry…how?

Participants 2
    Replies 3
    Last Activity 11 years, 5 months ago

We have XMetal Author Enterprise Version#: 6.0.1.030 and would like to configure to our ClearCase repository so we can work directly with the files in the repository. I see from the XMetal Help one is supposed to be able to configure that, but I'v eno clue how.

Derek Read

Reply to: Connect to ClearCase repositiry…how?

We have integrations (connectors) for various CMS systems, some of which are provided by JustSystems (Documentum, SharePoint and FileNet) and various others that are provided by the CMS vendors themselves.

Neither we nor Microsoft offer an integration for ClearCase.

Can you please point me to the Help topic(s) you are reading that suggest this?

If you wish to try to use ClearCase as an XML document repository you would open and save files from your local drive using the standard XMetaL file operations for that. Then use the ClearCase user interface (external to XMetaL) to move the files from your local system into and out of ClearCase.

factormax

The Help topic I was reading is “Working with a repository”

We can now open files on our dedicated network drive, and then use Beyond Compare (which integrates with ClearCase very well) to keep the two structures in sync. We just hoped we could integrate directly XMetal to ClearCase. Oh well. No one said life was so easy. Thanks very much for your reply.

Derek Read

I guess the key point in that help topic is this: “Note: Operation availability is determined by the adapter (a software driver for your repository). Refer to your repository documentation for details.”

However, our docs don't list which repositories have integrations (adapters) for XMetaL Author Enterprise. That information might get out of date fairly quickly as more are added.

There is a forum posting that lists the adapters we know about (those that we maintain plus those that our partners provide): http://forums.xmetal.com/index.php/topic,608.0.html

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Your Password?

Products
Downloads
Support