DITA and XMetaL Discussion

XMetaL Community Forum DITA and XMetaL Discussion Configuring tags-on view

• keberlein

Configuring tags-on view

Participants 3
    Replies 4
    Last Activity 11 years, 2 months ago

Product: XMetal Author Enterprise, Version#: 6.0.1.030

How can I configure the tags-on view so that elements are displayed as block-level elements?

Kristen James Eberlein
    SDL Structured Content Technologies

gcrews

Reply to: Configuring tags-on view

I think you would have to modify/customize/override the CSS. I tried changing the display to block on [class~=”topic/indexterm”] but didn’t have any luck

Derek Read

For each topic type (task, topic, etc) that you wish to change add a CSS override setting to the corresponding CSS file for that type.

For “task” the file is here (and for others the file is in a folder at the same level that has a name corresponding to the DTD name):

AuthorDITAXACstasktask_ditabase-specialized.css

[class~="topic/indexterm"] {
    display: block;
    }

Depending on where your elements are located you may also need to make a change to this (more specific) CSS setting:

[class~=”topic/keywords”] [class~=”topic/indexterm”] {
    display: inline;
    }

If you need to make this styling change for all topic types it may be easier to modify the main CSS file. That is located here:
    AuthorDITAXACssharedditabase-base.css

Look for the following and make the change to “block” from “inline” there:

/* indexterm {*/
    [class~="topic/indexterm"] {
    display: inline;
    color: #AAAAAA;
    }

Other settings related to also appear nearby in the same file, the other “ when a child of ” selector () is located a few selectors below that one (ie: [class~="topic/keywords"] [class~="topic/indexterm"]).

Note that this will work for 6.0.1.030 and 6.0.2.070 but we may change the way the CSS files are configured in future releases.

keberlein

Hi, Derek.

In the 6.x releases, what is the distinction between the X_derived_override.css and the X_base_override.css files?

Best,

Kristen James Eberlein
    Eberlein Consulting

Derek Read

There really isn't any difference except that one is loaded after the other.
    Standard CSS cascading rules apply, so when a selector only as specific as another matching selector the one loaded last “wins”.

Personally, I think the developers overdid it a little bit with the design in this case, probably thinking that it would be good for people to keep these things separated for some reason I can't quite figure out (ie: in hindsight there probably is no really good reason).

CSS files are loaded the order defined in C:Program FilesXMetaL 6.0AuthorDITAXACs_ditabase.css

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Your Password?

Products
Downloads
Support