DITA and XMetaL Discussion
twisted April 16, 2012 at 7:55 pm
Conditional Text in 7.0April 16, 2012 at 7:55 pmParticipants 1Replies 2Last Activity 10 years, 9 months ago
In 6.0 SP1 I have been able to exclude a topic from a PDF by applying a condition to the whole topic, like at the concept tag product=”XYZ500″. When I generate the PDF and that condition is not selected, the topic is not include in the output of the PDF.
In 7.0 the first time through if I don't select the condition I get the PDF to generate without the topic. If I then select the condition I get a PDF that does include the topic. If I then turn the condition off again and then generate another PDF the topic keeps showing up.
It appears that files are staying persistent in the DITA_OTTemp folder: Application DataSoftQuadXMetaL SharedDITA_OTtemp
To get around this I’m deleting the contents in this folder.
It seems like I'm having issues with persistent files, is there some setting I missing?
XMetaL 188.8.131.52gcrews April 16, 2012 at 10:31 pm
Reply to: Conditional Text in 7.0April 16, 2012 at 10:31 pm
Did you check the build log? Maybe there is a build error the third time and the PDF or files are not getting updated?
You may also want to look at this thread I started on the dita users group:
“But note also that making root topic elements conditional is very bad practice–the references to those topics should be conditional, not the topics themselves”Derek Read April 17, 2012 at 10:59 pm
Reply to: Conditional Text in 7.0April 17, 2012 at 10:59 pm
Problem with the temp folder not being cleaned up is due to missing code in build_init.xml
The DITA OT supports a parameter called “clean.temp” (http://dita-ot.sourceforge.net/1.5.3/quickstartguide/reference/dita-ot_ant_properties.html) and in our case it is exposed as ANT_PARAM_clean.temp = yes
The default value is supposed to be yes, but it has no effect because build_init.xml is missing some code.
The fix is as follows.
1. Edit the following file using a good text editor C:Program FilesCommon FilesXMetaL SharedDITA_OTbuild_init.xml
2. Find this line:
3. Replace it with the following:
After editing this copy of the DITA OT you will need to deploy it:
1. Launch XMetaL Author Enterprise.
2. Select Tools > Configure Output to open the Configure Output Options dialog.
3. On the Advanced tab find this parameter and change the value from 1 to 2:
cmd_dita_ot_per_user_version = 1
4. Click OK to dismiss the Configure Output Options dialog.
5. Either generate output or select Tools > Configure Output again.
6. When asked if you would like to upgrade the DITA-OT version select OK. The DITA OT will be re-deployed from the installed version that you modified in C:Program FilesCommon FilesXMetaL SharedDITA_OT
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.