DITA and XMetaL Discussion

XMetaL Community Forum DITA and XMetaL Discussion Conditional Text in 7.0

• twisted

Conditional Text in 7.0

Participants 1
    Replies 2
    Last Activity 10 years, 5 months ago

In 6.0 SP1 I have been able to exclude a topic from a PDF by applying a condition to the whole topic, like at the concept tag product=”XYZ500″. When I generate the PDF and that condition is not selected, the topic is not include in the output of the PDF.

In 7.0 the first time through if I don't select the condition I get the PDF to generate without the topic. If I then select the condition I get a PDF that does include the topic. If I then turn the condition off again and then generate another PDF the topic keeps showing up.

It appears that files are staying persistent in the DITA_OTTemp folder: Application DataSoftQuadXMetaL SharedDITA_OTtemp

To get around this I’m deleting the contents in this folder.

It seems like I'm having issues with persistent files, is there some setting I missing?

XMetaL 7.0.0.103

gcrews

Reply to: Conditional Text in 7.0

Did you check the build log? Maybe there is a build error the third time and the PDF or files are not getting updated?

You may also want to look at this thread I started on the dita users group:
    http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/dita-users/message/23156
          “But note also that making root topic elements conditional is very bad practice–the references to those topics should be conditional, not the topics themselves”

Derek Read

Reply to: Conditional Text in 7.0

Problem with the temp folder not being cleaned up is due to missing code in build_init.xml

The DITA OT supports a parameter called “clean.temp” (http://dita-ot.sourceforge.net/1.5.3/quickstartguide/reference/dita-ot_ant_properties.html) and in our case it is exposed as ANT_PARAM_clean.temp  =  yes

The default value is supposed to be yes, but it has no effect because build_init.xml is missing some code.

The fix is as follows.

1. Edit the following file using a good text editor C:Program FilesCommon FilesXMetaL SharedDITA_OTbuild_init.xml

2. Find this line:

3. Replace it with the following:

After editing this copy of the DITA OT you will need to deploy it:

1. Launch XMetaL Author Enterprise.
    2. Select Tools > Configure Output to open the Configure Output Options dialog.
    3. On the Advanced tab find this parameter and change the value from 1 to 2:
        cmd_dita_ot_per_user_version = 1
    4. Click OK to dismiss the Configure Output Options dialog.
    5. Either generate output or select Tools > Configure Output again.
    6. When asked if you would like to upgrade the DITA-OT version select OK. The DITA OT will be re-deployed from the installed version that you modified in C:Program FilesCommon FilesXMetaL SharedDITA_OT

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Your Password?

Products
Downloads
Support