XMetaL Tips and Tricks
Su-Laine Yeo February 11, 2010 at 2:05 am
Code sample: Implementing a "text zoom" feature in XMetaL AuthorFebruary 11, 2010 at 2:05 amParticipants 1Replies 0Last Activity 12 years, 4 months ago
It is possible for developers familiar with knowledge of scripting to add a “text zoom” feature that will enable authors to change the size of text on-screen in XMetaL. We have an example of this in XMetaL 6.0 for documents that use the “Journalist” DTD. To see it:
1) Click Help > Samples > Cameras in Focus (Journalist).
2) Right-click in the toolbar and choose Structure View Examples.
3) If the Structure View pane is not visible, click View > Structure View.
4) Click the buttons in the Structure View Examples toolbar [img]http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/5098/svtoolbar.png[/img] to toggle between different stylesheets for the Structure View.
The buttons in this toolbar invoke a macro to change the CSS used to display the Structure View pane. The code behind it is in the journalist.mcr file in C:Program FilesXMetaL 6.0AuthorMacros . You are free to copy this code for any other XMetaL customization.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.