DITA and XMetaL Discussion

XMetaL Community Forum DITA and XMetaL Discussion Changing pagination of front matter in PDF files from roman to arabic numerals

• IF

Changing pagination of front matter in PDF files from roman to arabic numerals

Participants 2
    Replies 3
    Last Activity 11 years, 10 months ago

By default, my PDF file comes out with roman numerals for the TOC (ii, iii, etc). I would like to change that to arabic numerals (2, 3, etc.)

I think I have to change format=”i” to format=”1″ in a file somewhere in AppDataRoamingSoftQuadXMetaL SharedDITA_OTdemoxmfo  but I'm not sure which file exactly. I've tried a couple at random but no luck.

I'm Using XMetal 6.0 on Windows 7 and deliverable type XMetal Enhanced PDF via RenderX XEP.

Thanks
    Isabelle

Derek Read

Reply to: Changing pagination of front matter in PDF files from roman to arabic numerals

The file is %appdata%SoftQuadXMetaL SharedDITA_OTdemoxmfoxslfotoc.xsl

Line 62 controls this. Here's the OOTB version:

IF

Reply to: Changing pagination of front matter in PDF files from roman to arabic numerals

Thansk!

For some reason when I tried that yesterday the output failed and I saw the following error in the log file:

[echo] C:UsersifuseyAppDataRoamingSoftQuadXMETAL~1DITA_OTtemp/stage2.fo Started[java] Fatal error reported by XML parser: invalid UTF-8 byte (check the XML declaration) (code: 0xa9)

But I tried it again just now and it worked. So thank you.

docquery

Hello,

Is there a way to change the numbering from roman numerals to arabic numerals for a customization, please?  Would the steps be the same or is there a file I can change in the following folder to overwrite this setting?

C:Program FilesCommon FilesXMetaL SharedDITA_OTdemoxmfoCustomization2fo

Thanks!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Your Password?

Products
Downloads
Support