DITA and XMetaL Discussion

XMetaL Community Forum DITA and XMetaL Discussion Change Creation of an CHM-File

• T.Dehn

Change Creation of an CHM-File

Participants 3
    Replies 4
    Last Activity 12 years, 3 months ago

Version:

Hello,
    it's me again 🙂

This time i have 2 problems with generating an chm-File.

1)
    Is it possible, to change the Creation-Process so that the HTML-Files which are created while Generation of an Chm-File are saved as .htm rather than as .html?

This Problem is related to problem 2.

2)
    Because of already existing calls in a program it should be possible to access the topics via the same calls. The call should be ./HtmlFiles/FileName.htm

How do i have to set the structure for achieving this?

Kind regards from Germany and, in advance thanks for your efforts.

Derek Read

Reply to: Change Creation of an CHM-File

1) You probably want to select “Multiple HTML Output” as the deliverable type. This will give you the same HTML that is compiled into a CHM (when you select “HTML Help CHM)” but without compiling it into the CHM format.

2) Please read the help topic titled “Cross-references and related links” and the topics it links to.

You should probably also read the DITA Language Reference where it discusses the and elements if you wish to have a good understanding of how these are used. You may also wish to read the DITA Language Reference topic “Related links elements”, and the topic (our topic) called “Working with DITA” is a good place to get a general overview (that topic links to our subtopics on linking).

Also note that you can get to the Language Reference entry for any element in a DITA document by placing your insertion point in that element and pressing Alt+F1.

gcrews

You could add “ANT_PARAM_args.outext  =  htm” to the advanced tab on the chm output to get .htm files.

As you the flat file system, that’s going to take a bit more. You may want to look though this thread on the dita-users group ( http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/dita-users/message/18105 ). 

T.Dehn

You could add “ANT_PARAM_args.outext  =  htm” to the advanced tab on the chm output to get .htm files.

Thank you 🙂
    Problem 1 is solved 😉

Now i still have the problem with the path.

My structure would be like:

ProductFolder
    –> DitaMap
    –> HtmlFiles (Folder with the Topics)

Now the Url of an Topic in the generated chm-File is /ProductFolder/HtmlFiles/TopicTitle.htm.
    I want to have /HtmlFiles/TopicTitle.htm.

I read the Thread in Dita-Users Group but i don't know what to do with the information given there 🙁
    I also tried to find the File which defines the Generation-Process and customize the Path at this Points but i didn't found it.

I'll re-read the Thread given by u and read the Tutorials but it would be great if you could give me some hints about how to solving this so that i understand what i have to do 🙂

Kind regards and, in advance thanks for your efforts.

Su-Laine Yeo

I think the feature you're looking for might be “context-sensitive help”. For CHM, this dita-users discussion thread covers it: http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/dita-users/message/7613

Su-Laine

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Your Password?

Products
Downloads
Support