DITA and XMetaL Discussion

XMetaL Community Forum DITA and XMetaL Discussion Cannot save new topic from Plain Text view

• joepairman

Cannot save new topic from Plain Text view

Participants 1
    Replies 2
    Last Activity 12 years ago

This is on XMetaL Author Enterprise 5.5, SP1. When I create a new topic and then try to save it from Plain Text view, I get the following error:

Change to Tags on or Normal view to run macros.

I get the same error when I “Save as” from an existing topic. However, I[u] don't[/u] get the error when I:

• Switch to Tags On or Normal view, save the file, edit it, then save again from Plain Text view.
    • “Save as” with the same name as an existing file (e.g. I save over the file).

So this is only when saving a new file.

We do have a CMS bridge, but I tried uninstalling both XMetaL and the bridge, then reinstalling just XMetaL, and the problem was still there.

Has anyone come across this issue before?

Derek Read

Reply to: Cannot save new topic from Plain Text view

This is a known limitation. This work flow was overlooked in our design and testing phases.
    There is no known workaround for this, short of doing what you have suggested.
    The same issue is present in 6.0.

Note that in order to allow this it might be necessary to disable some features in our code (auto-id and perhaps others such as link checking). We won't know for sure until our development team looks at this.

joepairman

Reply to: Cannot save new topic from Plain Text view

Thanks for the info, Derek.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Your Password?

Products
Downloads
Support