General XMetaL Discussion
XMetaL Community Forum › General XMetaL Discussion › Cancel Checkout error
jafris1 November 27, 2015 at 1:57 pm
Cancel Checkout errorNovember 27, 2015 at 1:57 pmParticipants 0Replies 1Last Activity 7 years, 4 months ago
I am using the Xmetal Author Enterprise 9.0. The Xmetal is connected to Documentum through a web tool. It opens in xmetal for editing. When I try to close the particular object, it asks for cancel checkout. When I say yes, it throws up the below error.
Thanks in advance,Derek Read November 27, 2015 at 11:38 pm
Reply to: Cancel Checkout errorNovember 27, 2015 at 11:38 pm
When you say “web tool” do you mean you have the following installed?
XMetaL Author Enterprise 9
XMetaL Author Enterprise for Documentum Webtop
If you do not have XMetaL Author Enterprise for Documentum Webtop installed and you are not interacting with your Documentum server from inside the XMetaL Author Enterprise software (either via the Documentum tree control hosted in the Resource Manager or via the Repository menu) then I won't be able to help, and none of the rest of this post will help you either.
If you don't have XMetaL Author Enterprise for Documentum Webtop installed then I would start there. The JustSystems sales team can help you obtain a copy.
Note: everything below assumes you have already configured your Documentum Webtop server according to the instructions in PDF file named “XMEE Webtop Administrator's Guide” included in the zip file DWXB900SV.zip that comes with the installer JustSystems provides for XMetaL Author Enterprise for Documentum Webtop.
If the software was previously functioning properly (or is still functioning properly for others at your organization but not you) I would recommend reinstalling the installation of XMetaL Author Enterprise for Documentum Webtop that you have.
If the software has never functioned correctly then check that you have the correct version of XMetaL Author Enterprise for Documentum Webtop installed that is compatible with XMetaL Author Enterprise 9.
The installer for XMetaL Author Enterprise for Documentum Webtop that is compatible with XMetaL Author Enterprise 9 should have the file name “XMDCTM-CONNECTOR-9.0.msi.” Two versions were released: one on 2014-07-25 and a second version on 2014-08-19. It is best to use the 2014-08-19 release. Also, check that your Documentum server is running Webtop version D6.7 SP2. No other versions of Webtop are supported.
If the software was previously functioning properly and repairing does [u]not[/u] correct the issue then you may try to do a complete reinstall:
1. Uninstall XMetaL Author Enterprise for Documentum Webtop.
2. Uninstall XMetaL Author Enterprise 9.
3. Remove the following folders. The uninstall process may not have removed them if files they contain were modified after the initial installation. They may also be left behind if the files are corrupted or locked by some process.
C:Program FilesXMetaL 9.0 (on 32-bit installations of Windows)
C:Program Files (x86)XMetaL 9.0 (on 64-bit installations of Windows)
4. Install XMetaL Author Enterprise 9.
5. Install XMetaL Author Enterprise for Documentum Webtop.
6. Log in to Documentum Webtop using Internet Explorer. This will trigger Documentum to install a copy of the file ucf.client.config.xml onto your machine. This file is required by the XMetaL integration (XMetaL Author Enterprise for Documentum Webtop). If you have already been working with Documentum via Webtop then this file is likely already in place.
6. Launch XMetaL Author Enterprise with the Ctrl key held down and when prompted to “Reset” the XMetaL workspace click Yes. You will also likely need to activate the software. Use the license file provided by the JustSystems sales team.
7. Configure XMetaL Author Enterprise for Documentum Webtop to point to your Webtop server using the “Repository Options” menu item on the Repository menu.
8. Test the other functions in the Repository menu to see if you can interact with your Documentum server. The first one to try would likely be “Open From Repository” (assuming you have a file to open).
9. [optional] Configure the global configuration file for XMetaL Author Enterprise for Documentum Webtop using any specific settings desired according to the instructions in Help > XMetaL Author Enterprise for Documentum Webtop Help, inside the topic “Changing configuration settings”.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.