DITA and XMetaL Discussion

XMetaL Community Forum DITA and XMetaL Discussion Browsing for conref file every time

• khitchcock

Browsing for conref file every time

Participants 1
    Replies 2
    Last Activity 11 years, 2 months ago

We use a common file for all our conrefs, but every time we go to attach a conref it makes us browse for the same file every time. Is there a config file or something we can use to set the same file to populate automatically every time?

gcrews

Reply to: Browsing for conref file every time

Clicking the drop down arrow next to the file name box in the browse dialog might make it quicker to select the pervious file.

Derek Read

Reply to: Browsing for conref file every time

Can I assume you are discussing the “Insert Element with Content Reference” dialog? In a current release (6.0.1 or 6.0.2) that dialog looks like the screen capture I am attaching.

The field labelled “Reference element in the file:” inside that dialog sets the file to the current file (the one that last had your selection in it before this dialog was opened). If I understand correctly, you are looking for a setting that will let you force this value to default to some particular arbitrary file. Your request is not one we have had before and as such there is no setting that will let you do that.

I can put in a feature request to support your use case. The alternative would be to have our Professional Services team customize this dialog specifically for you. The difference between these two is that the former might not occur, or might not occur for several releases (development generally needs to know that a feature would be useful to at significant portion of clients before implementation) and the latter is a contractual engagement. If a CMS is involved that would change things. Either way it is best to submit a support case so that we can properly track who is making the request and communicate directly with you about how you feel the feature should function.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Your Password?

Products
Downloads
Support