General XMetaL Discussion

XMetaL Community Forum General XMetaL Discussion Blue diamond character no longer showing up after switch to XMetal 8.0

• russurquhart1

Blue diamond character no longer showing up after switch to XMetal 8.0

Participants 3
    Replies 4
    Last Activity 9 years ago

Hi,

We've been using Xmetal 6 for some time now, and we finally made the jump to XMetal 8.0.  We had setup our display properties for Xmetal 6 such that the blue diamond character shows up for empty elements (like br). Where can i look to turn those back on? AFAIK, we have the same .ctm and .css files as before?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Russ

russurquhart1

Reply to: Blue diamond character no longer showing up after switch to XMetal 8.0

After checking one of Derek's older posts (http://forums.xmetal.com/index.php?topic=563.0)  I added the following to my ini file:

empty_element_image=C:Program Files (x86)XMetal 8.0Authorempty.gif

And this seemed to do the trick.

The interesting part is that, for our previous version 6.0, we did NOT have this line in our ini.

fyi!

Russ

Derek Read

Reply to: Blue diamond character no longer showing up after switch to XMetal 8.0

Looks like a developer somehow broke this default value for the 8.0 release. I'll let development know.

russurquhart1

If you find out that that is the case let me know. I don't know if there is another problem with our setup that might have also caused this. All i know is that when i updated the ini file, the blue icons came back, and there still may be problems elsewhere.

Thanks,

Russ

Derek Read

This issue is easily reproducible with a minimal DTD so the problem is with XMetaL Author 8.0 itself. It affects both Enterprise and Essential.

[code=test.dtd]
    [/code]

[code=test.xml]

[/code]

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Your Password?

Products
Downloads
Support