DITA and XMetaL Discussion

XMetaL Community Forum DITA and XMetaL Discussion Auto-Assign ELement IDs "Options" button not enabled.

• njmyers13

Auto-Assign ELement IDs "Options" button not enabled.

Participants 2
    Replies 3
    Last Activity 6 years, 7 months ago

I just installed XMetaL 10 for a new writer and I'm trying to set up her environment. I cannot get the Dita Options > Auto-assign element IDs feature to enable (the Options button is not accessible). I've tried installing as both and administrator, and neither work.
    I've also given
    all permissions on the /users//AppData/Roaming/SoftQuad directory and C:/ProgramData/SoftQuad/XMetaL directory, both to no avail. I'm out of ideas on what else to try.
    Has anyone else run into this problem?
    Thanks,
    Nicole

Derek Read

Reply to: Auto-Assign ELement IDs "Options" button not enabled.

For XMetaL Author Enterprise 10 this setting is stored here:
    %appdata%SoftQuadXMetaL10.0dita_options.xml

The setting is as follows. It is set to TRUE by default, which enables the feature.
    TRUE

njmyers13

Thanks Derek. I see that file (and about 15 others) in that directory on my system, but it is missing on hers. Other than the 4 subfolders, her directory only contains the following files: ct_preferences, default.tbr, dita_options, mediadisplayoptions, print_local, searchResult, shell.stg, XMetaL, and xmrepo_settings. Any ideas? thanks!
    Nicole

njmyers13

Hi Derek,
    One more oddity – another writer has “TRUE” set in her dita_options.xml file, but the Options button is also disabled for her XMetaL.
    Thanks,
    Nicole

–OK. I figured it out – apparently you need to have a file open in XMetaL for it to become enabled. All users have all necessary files and are set up are set up correctly now. Thanks,
    Nicole

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Your Password?

Products
Downloads
Support