Home Forums DITA and XMetaL Discussion Plugin and RenderX: how to make them communicate? Reply To: Plugin and RenderX: how to make them communicate?

Derek Read

Reply to: Plugin and RenderX: how to make them communicate?

Quick answer before I try to start digging into the other stuff.

To test if whatever deliverable you are using uses RenderX I would just change the name of the RenderX folder. That will break output. Change it back and it will work. If not, then it is using another rendering engine (the only other one installed with XMetaL Author Enterprise is Apache FOP; Antenna House XSL Formatter needs to be purchased and installed by you).

As for “Sans” vs “sans-serif”, those names are going to be used in the XSLFO (generated by the XSLT), so I think you should just search for them in the .xsl files inside the plug-in to see where they are called. Most likely “sans-serif” is used and “Sans” is not, in which case the “fallback” is going to be whatever default font family the PDF spec states is the default which will be one of Arial, Helvetica, Courier or Symbol (which make up the 14 default fonts that must be shipped with a PDF rendering engine, if it follows the PDF spec).

Products
Downloads
Support