Home Forums General XMetaL Discussion XMetaL 8: Is it possible to override Table menu commands? Reply To: XMetaL 8: Is it possible to override Table menu commands?

paorear

Reply to: XMetaL 8: Is it possible to override Table menu commands?

Thanks Derek – I tried your approach and found that I was able to delete some Table toolbar members that way, however, the Table menu options appear to be managed separately.

Through code I was able to iterate over the Table CommandBar and found 18 controls. Querying the DescriptionText for each I was able to find controls for the following:
1) Insert Table
2) raises an exception when accessing DescriptionText
3) Insert Row Above
4) Insert Row Below
5) Delete Row(s)
6) Insert Column Left
7) Insert Column Right
8) Delete Column
9) Move Row Up
10) Move Row Down
11) Move Column Left
12) Move Column Right
13) Merge Cell Right
14) Merge Cell Left
15) Merge Cell Up
16) Merge Cell Down
17) Split Cell into Rows
18) Split Cell into Columns

Note particularly that Insert Caption is not present, but also that the Table menu and Table toolbars each have items that are not in the other.

Should I conclude that it is not possible to delete or otherwise modify the Insert Caption menu item?

Note that control #2 throws an exception when trying to access its properties, but even if I try to delete #2, I see no change.

I've even begun looking at Windows API approaches to deal with this, but it's almost impossible to query much of anything from these Control Bars from the WinAPI as well.

Paul O'Rear

Products
Downloads
Support