Home Forums General XMetaL Discussion Spell Checker does not behave as expected for certain words Reply To: Spell Checker does not behave as expected for certain words

Derek Read

Reply to: Spell Checker does not behave as expected for certain words

I don't have an answer for the French issues. I can log these as defects and if you have any more examples perhaps you could submit them via XMetaL Support so that they can be tracked properly.

The fact that we no longer actively make improvements to the spell checker dictionaries themselves (the Main Word List files) is one of the reasons we added support for Hunspell, as outlined here:
http://forums.xmetal.com/index.php/topic,3011

The Hunspell file format is openly documented and there are various tools available (not from us) that allow you to create them and modify them.

Perhaps that is an option for you.

That other post discusses its use in the context of XMetaL Author, but since it is Writing Tools that was updated to support those files it should be possible to use Hunspell files with newer versions of XMAX as well. One main issue however, is that though I can find France French files I can't seem to find any Canadian French files.

Products
Downloads
Support