Home Forums General XMetaL Discussion Spell Checker does not behave as expected for certain words Reply To: Spell Checker does not behave as expected for certain words

MrPaul

Reply to: Spell Checker does not behave as expected for certain words

Hi,

I'm trying to code around the french quote problem described in my first post. I managed to keep a safe list of prefixes that should be ignored, like “qu'”, but I still need to check the 2nd part of the word to see if it's valid.

In our custom Spell Checker class, we set the range selection to the current word and call mXmax.Document.IsSpellingCorrect() to see if it's spelled correctly or not. When I manipulate this range selection to ignore the prefix from my safe list, IsSpellingCorrect() still picks up the 2nd part even though it's a valid word on its own. I have a feeling it's because it isn't surrounded by spaces, so it still thinks it's part of the prefix I'm trying to ignore.

I can't seem to find any documentation about how this works, and there were no results for IsSpellingCorrect in the documentation:
http://xmetal.com/webhelp/en/xmetaldeveloper/pg/7.0/pg.html

Ideally, I'd like to be able to check the spelling of a particular word; in my example above I'd like to call something like IsSpellingCorrect(“on”) and if it returns true, I continue on, otherwise I'd show the list of suggestions.

Is this possible?

Products
Downloads
Support