Reply to: Map a xft form with a specific element from DTDJanuary 24, 2014 at 9:47 pm
1. Launch XMetaL Developer.
2. Open (or create) an XMetaL Author document-level project.
3. Open the CTM file included with the project. It will be listed in your the project in the Visual Studio Solution Explorer. If it doesn't have a CTM file then you will need to create one by right clicking in the Solution Explorer window.
4. In the CTM file, inside CTM editor, select the element you wish to associate with an XFT file.
5. In the Visual Studio Properties window select the “Advanced Display Type” property and click the “…” button.
6. In the dialog that appears titled “Display As” select “XFT Form”. Once you have done that the “Setup” button will be displayed and clicking on it will launch the “XFT Form Wizard” at which point you can specify which XFT file to use and other options.