Home Forums DITA and XMetaL Discussion Refresh References showing portion of href instead of title Reply To: Refresh References showing portion of href instead of title

paul_cpwr

Reply to: Refresh References showing portion of href instead of title

Greetings Derek,

1. I did a repair of the install.
2. In DITA Options, reset the update options to the default values (“Reset to default” button). The xref/related-links checkbox is cleared.
3. I press F11 and nothing changes; I still have the partial href values. This is expected since we just disabled updating the xrefs.
4. I double-click the two xrefs and re-accept their current target values. Now the xrefs display the expected titles.
5. I press F11 again and nothing changes; I still have the expected titles. This is expected since we disabled updating the xrefs.
6. I open the topic that is the target for the two xrefs and edit the topic title and the title for the targeted section element. I save changes.
7. I return to the original document and press F11. Nothing changes because the xref/related-links checkbox is cleared; I still see the (now) stale titles.
8. In DITA Options, I check the xref/related-links checkbox.
9. I press F11 again and the stale titles change into the partial href values that I originally reported.

If you like, I can create a Microsoft Lync meeting and demonstrate this for you (or send you a Screencast .mp4 video).

Best regards,

Paul

Products
Downloads
Support