Home Forums General XMetaL Discussion Insert Table Button XSD Reply To: Insert Table Button XSD

Abalysa

Reply to: Insert Table Button XSD

Hi Derek,

Thank you very much for your fast and detailed Answer.
I will try it out next week and see if i can get it work.

If you dont mind i would like to ask another, different Question here.

Is there any difference in how XFT Button Functions are handled between “Tags On View” and “Normal View” ?

I made 2 Buttons (1 XFT), one which should should add a new Review Log Step after the last Review Log Step, and one which deletes the Last Review Log Step.

I had major Problems with writing the delete Function, because apparently the last “ReviewLogEntry” Element and all his containing Elements cant be simply deleted by Range.Delete();

So i tried to Select the whole thing and then delete it. And it works. But someohow it only works in “Tag On View” in “Normal View” it just selects one of the Elements inside of the “ReviewLogEntry” Element and then does nothing.

Some Problem with adding a new “ReviewLogEntry”… again i used Selection, and again it only works in “Tag On View” and simply does nothing in “Normal View”

Whats the Difference between the Views? Why does it work in one but not in the other?

The Functions i wrote are:
ADD:
Selection.MoveUp(0);
Selection.SelectElement();
Selection.Collapse(0);
Selection.InsertWithTemplate(“ReviewLogEntry”);

DELETE:
      Selection.MoveUp(0);
      Selection.SelectElement();
      Selection.Delete();

Note that i dont have any experience with Jscript at all … i worte this with help of the Programmers Guide

I know this is again a bit messy, and propably hard to understand, but if needed i can also post some Screenshots.

Thank you for your time

Kind regards,
Abalysa

Products
Downloads
Support