Home Forums General XMetaL Discussion XMetaL Author 8.0 uninstall/XMetaL Author 7.0 install License Issue Reply To: XMetaL Author 8.0 uninstall/XMetaL Author 7.0 install License Issue

Derek Read

Reply to: XMetaL Author 8.0 uninstall/XMetaL Author 7.0 install License Issue

If you are still stuck please contact XMetaL Support and let them know the name of the computer you wish to unregister so that they can manually remove it from the system.

This is what should have occurred for the second writer:

Accidentally installed and registered XMetaL 8.0 on her machine. — A license is used up reducing your total by 1.
Uninstalled (but did NOT unregister) XMetaL 8.0. — The license is still considered to be in use.
Installed XMetaL 7.0, but could not register it. — Most likely all licenses are in use so the registration is refused.
Contacted me and I posted here on the forum.
Reinstalled XMetaL 8.0.
Uninstalled AND unregistered XMetaL 8.0, but did NOT note unregistration key. — A license is freed for use by any machine.
Installed XMetaL 7.0, but kept getting license rejection message from server. — Not sure what is happening here. There are two possibilities I think: a) Someone else registered and used up the license and you have run out. b) An obsolete xmetal.lic file was used to register this time. If you purchased additional licenses after this user initially registered their copy of 8.0 then that would be the reason as a new xmetal.lic file would have been issued.

Products
Downloads
Support