Home Forums General XMetaL Discussion XMetaL Author 8.0 uninstall/XMetaL Author 7.0 install License Issue Reply To: XMetaL Author 8.0 uninstall/XMetaL Author 7.0 install License Issue

trishtoo

Reply to: XMetaL Author 8.0 uninstall/XMetaL Author 7.0 install License Issue

That's right, provided you did not unregister the first machine you can use the unregistration key in the manner you say (when I was referring to unregistering I meant launching the software, selecting Help > Licensing and then clicking the Unregister button, but if the software is not installed you would need to reinstall it as I initially suggested).

Rather than get further confused by this please contact XMetaL Support and ask if they can manually remove the license for that machine to free it up.

Will do. Thank you!

I just want to say from field experience this is what has happened and what worked.

First writer:
Got a new machine.
Uninstalled AND unregistered XMetaL 7.0 from old machine. Made note of unregistration key.
Installed XMetaL 7.0 on new machine, but kept getting license rejection message from server.
On Registration dialog, entered unregistration key from old machine in the Unregistration Key field AND clicked on Have license file. Browsed to license file. Clicked OK.
Clicked Submit.
Registered just fine.

Second writer:
Accidentally installed and registered XMetaL 8.0 on her machine.
Uninstalled (but did NOT unregister) XMetaL 8.0.
Installed XMetaL 7.0, but could not register it.
Contacted me and I posted here on the forum.
Reinstalled XMetaL 8.0.
Uninstalled AND unregistered XMetaL 8.0, but did NOT note unregistration key.
Installed XMetaL 7.0, but kept getting license rejection message from server.
And that's where we are. We cannot do the same steps as the first writer with the unregistration key because we do not know what it is for this machine.

Products
Downloads
Support