Home Forums General XMetaL Discussion DITA_OT files redeploy every time with XMetaL 8 Trial Reply To: DITA_OT files redeploy every time with XMetaL 8 Trial

Derek Read

Reply to: DITA_OT files redeploy every time with XMetaL 8 Trial

This is not normal. This behaviour has not changed from version 7 (or 6 or 5 for that matter).

If you comment out cmd_dita_ot_per_user_version then XMetaL will attempt to run the DITA OT from the installation location rather than deploying it (which I assume is what you are seeing). For most people that will fail or at least cause some problems due to the fact that it writes to subfolders, and for most people on Windows that is not allowed (which is why we deploy the DITA OT to a location we know it can write to).

I think it would be best to try with a “clean” install to see if things work normally on your system then add the custom changes to see if those are triggering the problem (though I can't guess why that would be).

Assuming AuthorDITAXACssharedrenditions contains only files we install, try the following:

1. Shut down XMetaL Author Enterprise 8.
2. Remove these three folders:
 %appdata%SoftQuadXMetaL Shared (which is probably here: C:UsersAppDataRoamingSoftQuadXMetaL Shared)
 C:Program FilesCommon FilesXMetaL SharedDITA OT
 C:Program FilesCommon FilesXMetaL Sharedrenderx

3. Using the Windows Control panel's “Programs” tool (this was “Add / Remove Programs” in XP) repair the XMetaL Author Enterprise installation. This should restore the files that we install.

4. Generate a PDF using one of the samples we provide listed in Help > Samples (there are two DITA samples) using the “XMetaL Enhanced PDF via RenderX XEP” deliverable.

Products
Downloads
Support