Home Forums DITA and XMetaL Discussion Deploying full specialized DITA customizations to users. Reply To: Deploying full specialized DITA customizations to users.

barbwire

Reply to: Deploying full specialized DITA customizations to users.

Yes, it is too complicated.  

But I caution you that problems will occur if you only change the .soc file.  The MapEditor and conref resolution features use 3rd party XML processors.  These processors don't support .soc catalog resolution mechanisms.  Instead, our code temporarily changes the doctype's system id so the DTD resolves properly.  In order to do this, our code requires this file be changed as mentioned in step 6:

“dita_xac_catalog_specialized.xml” affects conref, xref and other reuse operations along with the Map Editing.

Not necessarily (I am not saying, that this cannot happen). People use XMetal in very various ways, like with CMS. This leads in very different working styles, were XMetal provided DTD's are not used at all and therefore step 6 mentioned files do not require any modifications. With 8.0 (and with my case) I just needed to modify that .soc file and everything seems to be working.

Products
Downloads
Support