Home Forums DITA and XMetaL Discussion XMetaL stops responding when trying to generate a file Reply To: XMetaL stops responding when trying to generate a file

gcrews

Reply to: XMetaL stops responding when trying to generate a file

Interesting, I will try that next time it starts happing on my computer with Xmetal 7. I don’t think would cause the issue though; I suspect it just happened to resolve itself at that moment. I suspect XMetaL 8 will have the same issue to, but it just hasn't happened yet. It only seems to happen on my computer about once every 2-3 months now and sporadically resolves itself. 4 coworkers have had the issues just this week though.

• Monday – output was causing not responding for  one user
• Tuesday – One person got blue screen, another user was getting not responding.
• Wednesday – another user was getting not responding.

It’s not nice when a program makes you reboot being its acting up.  I suspect some code in that CSS DLL is relying on some memory being zeros by default when it’s not. It’s the only thing I can think of that would cause the sporadic  issue. This has been going on your years for us it’s really annoying.

Yups. I have already initiated migration to Xmetal 8. The trial version behaves okay.

With regard to the  Xmetal 6, the freezing issue may seem to be overcome by clearing the UserAppDataLocalTemp dir.

Products
Downloads
Support