Home Forums DITA and XMetaL Discussion XMetaL stops responding when trying to generate a file Reply To: XMetaL stops responding when trying to generate a file

Derek Read

Reply to: XMetaL stops responding when trying to generate a file

Hard to give an answer here as the 6.0 release wasn't supported on 64-bit versions of Windows. I would also expect it to have more issues that just this one.

Development tells me they corrected quite a few problems with the software when running on 64-bit Windows. One of the major areas they worked on for the 7.0 release was 64-bit support. They corrected a number of problems with the 7.0 release and possibly some more with the 8.0 release.

Whether any of those fixes will address this particular issue I'm not sure as I have yet to see it myself. The nature of the things they were mostly working on for the 7.0 and 8.0 releases weren't always directly reproducible either, a general code review in the context of “do we need to change this for 64-bit” was done and so I don't have specifics for those things.

It would probably be a good idea to be using a supported version (currently 7.0 or 8.0). Then if you find a specific reproducible case you can submit it to XMetaL Support.

Products
Downloads
Support