Home Forums DITA and XMetaL Discussion Did you test XMetal Activex Control against IE8, IE9? Reply To: Did you test XMetal Activex Control against IE8, IE9?

sreenaiah

Reply to: Did you test XMetal Activex Control against IE8, IE9?

Thank you very much Derek for your quick response.

Yes, I did test with XMetal 7.0 ActiveX control as well and here are my findings:
With IE7 + XMetal 7.0 + My Web page – its working great as expected
With IE8 + XMetal 7.0 + My Web page (same page no changes) -it does not work as expected.
I am just loading some simple xml content into the XMetal Editor in my web page, switching on to  “Tags On view”  tab and I am seeing followjng 3 issues:
1) Unable to move up/down/drag elemnts
2) While editing the test between the elements, its lagging too much (very slow responsive)
3) When I select a root/parent element, its highlighting the whole collection of children as well, then to select a child inside the selected collection, I need to double click on it instead of single click.

Because of the 2nd issue (lagging), our business team is having frustration and unable to continue what they are doing. Please let me know what should I do next; I already created a support request in XMetal Support page but no one was responded (JustSystems Case 00008349)

Do you have any other samples that I can test this scenarios? could you ask the respected SQA team on your end to test the above scenarios please?

Thanks
Srini G

Products
Downloads
Support