Reply to: Duplicate IDs in Table entrySeptember 12, 2012 at 10:04 pm
There are a few things going on here all contributing to this issue and I don't think there is an easy solution.
1. The id attribute in DITA, for all elements except
2. XMetaL Author automatically duplicates all attributes from the previous CALS table row's
3. XMetaL Author will actually not duplicate attributes declared as type ID in the DTD (so the document remains valid according to the XML recommendation). Unfortunately #1 above means this check does not apply as these are not true ID attributes.
4. There is no additional code in our DITA authoring solution to intervene and stop #2 from occurring.
5. Your system has a requirement that the
Can you explain why the
This will help me explain the importance of this in order to help development decide where to rank it in our list of things to look at implementing. It may also help understand how it should be implemented in case you have additional requirements not described already.